Welcome to the latest in our series giving the human face behind some of the blogs you can find on the Liberal Democrat Blogs aggregator.
Today it is Jonathan Fryer, who blogs at www.jonathanfryer.wordpress.com.
1. What’s your formative political memory?
Jo Grimond came to my school during the 1964 general election, kept 400 normally fidgety boys rapt, and I thought, ‘Yes, I believe that!’
2. When did you start blogging?
3. Why did you start blogging?
Blogging replaced many years of keeping a diary. Why only write for myself and whoever clears my house when I snuff it?
4. What five words would you use to describe your blog?
Local and global in content.
5. What five words would you use to describe your political views?
Centre-left, free-thinking contrarian.
6. Which post have you most liked writing in the last year (and why)?
The last one, because the adrenalin’s still flowing.
7. Which post have you most liked reading in the last year (and why)?
Lindylooz’s loopiest musing.
8. What’s your favourite YouTube clip?
A clip of a professional ice-dancer, who leaps into the air and then crashes through the melted ice-rink. Cracks me up every time.
9. Which bloggers, writers or thinkers inspire you?
Andrew Rawnsley is an astute political commentator, but if I could only read the work of one single writer, it would be Oscar Wilde.
10. Give us a surprising fact about yourself:
Jonathan Fryer isn’t my real name.