Highlights from this category
- Ten WordPress plugins to make your blog shine (2014 version) 4 Feb
- 10 top tools for getting the most out of Twitter (2013 version) 8 Jul
- Ten WordPress plugins to make your blog shine (2013 version) 4 Feb
- Councillor Camp: 10 questions to see if your council gets digital 12 Jan
- 10 top tools for getting the most out of Twitter 13 Jun
- Why you should feed the trolls 17 Oct
- Have you been fooled by the social media hype? 19 Nov
- My first five emails on Gmail 13 Oct
- Britain's first cybercafe – and thoughts on what makes for great innovation 7 Sep
- Why do you walk on the wrong side of the corridor in Tube stations? 19 Aug
- The future of newspapers as it looked in 1994 4 Aug
Delete accounts with services you no longer use. It is after all the best way for your password to be secure - for it not to exist.
An Infographic Exploration of Video Engagement, April 2014 from Shutterstock
The Associated Press reports: Dutch citizens and politicians united on Wednesday in posting voting booth selfie photos, an increasingly popular phenomenon that could threaten the principle of the secret ballot but also encourages people to vote. Alexander Pechtold, who heads the centrist D66 party, was among the many Dutch voting in Wednesday’s local elections who […]
Hear 'In the Hall of the Mountain King' played on old floppy disk drives.
Technology isn’t just about making things easier. For once something is made easier, it’s often rapidly followed by changes to make it harder in order to protect us from mistakes, misdemeanours and rushes to judgement. Hence the reminder prompts, confirmation questions, warning signs and extra security hoops we encounter all the time.
"What I love about twitter, I have more followers that newspapers have readers. I can expose publicly the nasty tricks they get up to." - Alan Sugar
Here's my selection of the best WordPress plugins to make your site effective, versatile and reliable.
Tom Scott reminds us how interactivity was done before the internet.
Grab an armful of business leadership books from your nearest bookshop and look through them for advice on how to treat staff. I doubt you’ll find any of them encouraging business leaders to humiliate their colleagues in public more frequently. Yet one of the most memorable stories in Brad Stone’s account of how Jeff Bezos […]