Highlights from this category
- 10 top tools for getting the most out of Twitter (2014 version) 10 Jul
- Ten WordPress plugins to make your blog shine (2014 version) 4 Feb
- Councillor Camp: 10 questions to see if your council gets digital 12 Jan
- Why you should feed the trolls 17 Oct
- Have you been fooled by the social media hype? 19 Nov
- My first five emails on Gmail 13 Oct
- Britain’s first cybercafe – and thoughts on what makes for great innovation 7 Sep
- Why do you walk on the wrong side of the corridor in Tube stations? 19 Aug
- The future of newspapers as it looked in 1994 4 Aug
I recently received a text message from 97885, claiming to be from Vodafone and asking me to reply and take part in a survey.
Watch the new fun (yet educational) video from CGP Grey, which includes a spot-on section about driverless cars and also gives a mention to the robots that are now writing news stories: You can also watch this on YouTube.
As well as being a history of the font, it is also a gentle amble through the history of design in the twentieth-century, largely free of jargon but still giving a good flavour of the conflicting thoughts and schools.
This Bug Has Driven Lots Of Coders Completely Mad. You Won't Believe How It Ended Up Being Fixed.
Are you making full use of the latest social media trend?
There's a classic cylce that new automated technology goes through: from suspicious through to trusted through to so mundane it's barely thought about.
Nick and Mia meets for the first time. They know nothing about each other and seem to know everything about everyone else. But sometimes the less you know, the better...
The rise of ephemeral messaging poses a new challenge for social media monitoring. How do you measure something that isn’t there? From the moment the first status message was shared, social media measurement has been a vexed question for those who want to judge communications work by more than just gut feel. But the latest […]