It was lovely to welcome Paula Surridge back to Never Mind The Bar Charts. She is one of Britain’s experts on how people’s values influence their political and voting choices. She’s also one of the authors of a new book about the 2019 general election so one of the topics we discussed was why Boris Johnson won, before going on to why the Liberal Democrats, er…, didn’t.
Feedback very welcome, and do share this podcast with others who you think may enjoy it.
- Previous episode with Paula Surridge: What Chesham and Amersham tells us about the future for the Liberal Democrats.
- Previous episode with Rob Ford: Culture wars, Brexit and electoral reform.
- Previous episode with Maria Sobolewska: Brexitland – The long-term factors shaping our politics, and what they mean for the future.
- The curious story of compulsory voting in Australia.
- Polling UnPacked
- Previous episode with Alan Wager: Unleash the bar charts! Tactical voting and the next general election.
- John Curtice on the impact of Revoke.
- Brexitland: Identity, Diversity and the Reshaping of British Politics by Maria Sobolewska and Rob Ford: Waterstones / Amazon / Bookshop (independent bookshops).*
- Paula Surridge on Twitter.
- Theme tune by Hugo Lee.
- New to listening to podcasts? Here are some tips on how to listen to podcasts.
Enjoy the show? Spread the word
* This list includes affiliate links which generate a commission for each sale made.