It was great to welcome back Professor Rob Ford for the latest episode of Never Mind The Bar Charts and to discuss with him both the long-term trends shaping British politics and how they may or may not be seen off by short term factors, such as a birthday cake.
Which means we also got into how grim, or not, the future looks for the Conservative Party. Take a listen below to find out what we concluded or catch it on YouTube here.
Feedback very welcome, and do share this podcast with others who you think may enjoy it.
- Rob Ford’s previous appearance on the podcast to talk about his book, Brexitland.
- His co-author Maria Sobolewska also talking about the book.
- How Australia got compulsory voting.
- Ipsos-MORI leader ratings.
- The Daily Express front page being cited by Boris Johnson loyalists.
- How I was partly right but also massively wrong about Boris Johnson in 2019.
- Brexitland: Identity, Diversity and the Reshaping of British Politics by Rob Ford and Maria Sobolewska: Bookshop.org (independent bookshops) / Waterstones / Amazon.*
- The British General Election of 2019 by Rob Ford, Tim Bale, Will Jennings and Paula Surridge: Bookshop.org (independent bookshop) / Amazon / Waterstones.*
- Professor Rob Ford on Twitter.
- Cake photo by jgojtan from Pixabay.
- Theme tune by Hugo Lee.
- New to listening to podcasts? Here are some tips on how to listen to podcasts.
Enjoy the show? Spread the word
- Follow the show on Twitter.
- Like the show on Facebook.
- Share the show’s website, www.NeverMindTheBarCharts.com.
* This list includes affiliate links which generate a commission for each sale made.