Via a survey carried out for LondonlovesBusiness.com comes this list of the top five London MPs for annual outside earnings on top of their MP salary of £65,738:
- Sir Malcolm Rifkind, MP for Kensington (Con) – upwards of £240,000
- Nick Raynsford, MP for Greenwich and Woolwich (Lab) – £60,657
- Mark Field, MP for Cities of London and Westminster (Con) – £41,740
- Jo Johnson, MP for Orpington (Con) – £12,314
- Diane Abbott, MP for Hackney North and Stoke Newington (Lab) – £10,326
What do you think of these figures: good to see MPs having a range of activities or bad to see MPs spending time earning these sorts of sums?