As it says:
The Liberal Democrats are building a stronger economy in a fairer society, enabling every person to get on in life.
That’s why Liberal Democrats in government have helped business create more than 1 million private sector jobs, and why we’re working to help create a million more.
In government, we have already helped create:
- Jobs for young people – 1.2 million apprentices and 110,000 work placements for young people out of work
- Jobs in manufacturing – £5.5bn extra into science, high-tech manufacturing and renewable energy
- Jobs outside London – £2.6bn in our Regional Growth Fund, giving money to growing businesses around the country
- Jobs building Britain – £15.3bn to improve Britain’s roads, railways and housing
- Help for job creators – £2,000 cash back to employers on the tax they pay on their employees, to make it more affordable for businesses to take on staff
- Green jobs – £3bn to fund the world’s first Green Investment Bank, putting extra money into renewable energy
- Rural jobs – £530m to improve access to superfast broadband, creating jobs and helping rural businesses
Now we are campaigning to double the number of businesses who offer apprenticeships in the UK.
You can back the million jobs campaign here.
Many things have contributed to the huge improvement in unemployment, including the emphasis the Liberal Democrats have secured on creating new apprenticeships.