If you’re a reader of this site and are coming to the Liberal Democrat conference in Glasgow, do grab me and say hi. It’s always interesting to meet readers of this blog or of my Liberal Democrat Newswire monthly newsletter so even if we’ve never met, do wave hello!
The best stalking opportunities are:
- The Liberal Democrat Voice awards where I’ve picked up three nominations (tweeter of the year, best blog post and best blog), both up against an extremely impressive list of other nominees. So come and watch me lose thrice. 10pm til late, Castle 2, Crowne Plaza.
- Using the power of social media to win elections – an ALDC training session with Daisy Benson and Craig Whittall. ALDC members only. 2:30pm-3:45pm, Castle 2, Crowne Plaza.
- Book signing session for 101 Ways to Win An Election. 4:00pm-4:30pm, ALDC stand, exhibition area.
- Survival and success: the first 25 years of the Liberal Democrats – a Liberal Democrat History Group fringe meeting with Duncan Brack, Julie Smith, John Curtice, Paddy Ashdown and myself. I’ll be talking about the party’s campaigning. 8:00pm-9:15pm, Picasso 2, Campanile Hotel, Tunnel Street.
- Building for the long term: tackling the housing crisis – I’m chairing this fringe meeting featuring Lynne Featherstone MP, David Orr, Cllr Ruth Dombey and Don Foster MP. 1:00pm-2:00pm, Carron 2, SECC.
- The housing fringe – I’m chairing again, with Don Foster MP once more and this time Elizabeth Austerberry and Abigail Lock (tbc). 6:15pm-7:30pm, Alsh 1, SECC.
- Employers are from Mars, young people are from Venus: bridging the gap – I’ll be chairing this CIPD fringe meeting featuring Mike Crockart MP, Katerina Rudiger, Robert Allan and Mike Cherry. 1:00pm-2:00pm, Shuna, Crowne Plaza Hotel, Congress Road.
- Creating a more digital government: my final chairing session of the week, this time with Julian Huppert MP, David Frank, Chris Yiu and Mary Reid. 6:15pm-7:15pm, Alsh 1, SECC.
For the more substantive matters, see my conference preview edition of Liberal Democrat Newswire.