- Former MP and government minister Ed Davey has got a knighthood.
- Sylvia Emmott, chair of South Lakeland Council and one of the unsung heroes of the 2015 general election.
- Not for political services, but of interest to many Lib Dem friends and colleagues:
- Frank Doran, a former Lord Mayor of Liverpool, for services to the community in Liverpool, who told the press: “Anybody can do what I have done, they just need to put their mind to it, and I would encourage any young person to get involved in the city and play their part in helping it to grow.”
- Linda Gorn, a former Scottish and Westminster Parliament candidate for the party and a councillor for 8 years in Keith, has been honoured for services to that community – in particular her contribution to its economy thanks to being chair of the Keith Kilt and Textile Centre.
- David Hando, a councillor in Newport until 2012, has been honoured for his services to football and the community.
- Stella Jones, former Mayor of Dorchester, for services to the community in Dorset. She said: “I just like helping people especially children. I like children and I think if you help them you prevent a lot of problems later.”