As many of this blog’s regular readers were away at Liberal Democrat conference in the last few days, here’s a quick round-up of some of the highlights you may have missed:
- Good news for minor parties, unelected politicians and those who dislike election expense controls – I look at some of the consequences of delaying holding the first elections for a reformed House of Lords until the same day as the next general election.
- The dirty little secret the Coalition Government should address – continuing the theme of reforming Parliament, I looked at the little secret politicians don’t like you knowing.
- YouGov versus Lib Dem Voice surveys: how do they compare? – both YouGov and Liberal Democrat Voice survey party members, but how do our results compare?
- Facing the Future: the missing international question – I spoke at conference in the debate over the Press Complaints Commission. This is what I would have wanted to say had I been able to make it to the debate on the party’s policy review instead.
- The flaw in war reporting from Afghanistan – thoughts triggered by hearing war reporters talk about their work.
- Conference: the half-time score – I’ll blog the full time score later this week, but here’s how it was going at half-time.
- Events, dear boy, events – and finally, a little history.