Welcome! My day job is at the communications agency Blue Rubicon and I am also a Visiting Lecturer at City University. I edit the monthly newsletter, Liberal Democrat Newswire. This is my personal blog – with my views, expressed on behalf of myself. Take a look around – and do comment on what you see.
Linda Jack: too many of our members believe they are taken for granted, and that their hard work merely creates opportunities for a party elite
I believe firmly that 'the local party should be the monarch'. I want a party that is truly and constructively 'owned by its members'. It is an unfortunate truth that too many of our members believe they are taken for granted, and that their hard work merely creates opportunities for a party elite.
- Handy tips for politicians from a guide to dealing with customer complaints18 September 2014
- The Liberal Democrats: the first 25 years18 September 2014
- Is Britain governed better than America?17 September 2014
I'm not sure the electroVine is the wisest of new product ideas, all things considered...
- The perils of using too many hashtags11 September 2014
- Transparent solar panels on the way9 September 2014
- IKEA satirises Apple, and technology more generally7 September 2014
On 3 March 2013, the Liberal Democrats marked their twenty-fifth birthday. The story of the party since 1988 has been a dramatic one, from near-extinction, through a failed realignment of the left, a period of rapidly changing leaders, and then into government, for the first time for a third party for sixty years.
- Harold Wilson’s resignation statement11 September 2014
- Kingston Liberal says ‘Vote Labour': a leaflet from 194526 August 2014
- Do MPs speak too much?21 August 2014
Media & PR
Proposals to privatise Channel 4 were drawn up by the Government earlier this year but the idea was blocked by Vince Cable and the Liberal Democrats.
- Trust Me, I’m Lying: Confessions of a media manipulator27 August 2014
- Power Trip: A Decade of Policy, Plots and Spin by Damian McBride21 August 2014
- Vacuum cleaners are more newsworthy than you might think15 August 2014