Welcome! My day job is at the communications agency Blue Rubicon and I am also a Visiting Lecturer at City University. I edit the monthly newsletter, Liberal Democrat Newswire. This is my personal blog – with my views, expressed on behalf of myself. Take a look around – and do comment on what you see.
Here are the latest national voting intention figures from each of the main pollsters. To put the numbers into longer context, take a look at my database of polling figures going back to 1945, which is updated quarterly.
- Lib Dems to launch Cornwall Assembly campaign21 September 2014
- It’s not often the Tory reaction to an economic success is hostility21 September 2014
- Nick Clegg gets it right on devolution21 September 2014
The absence of actual problems when 2000 arrived is either an indication of how well the whole issue was handled or a demonstration of how much fears were exaggerated.
- An electric cable in the garden, carefully disguised. What could possibly go wrong?12 September 2014
- The perils of using too many hashtags11 September 2014
- Transparent solar panels on the way9 September 2014
The story of the fire of 1834 that destroyed almost all of the original Palace of Westminster.
- The Liberal Democrats: the first 25 years18 September 2014
- Harold Wilson’s resignation statement11 September 2014
- Kingston Liberal says ‘Vote Labour': a leaflet from 194526 August 2014
Media & PR
Proposals to privatise Channel 4 were drawn up by the Government earlier this year but the idea was blocked by Vince Cable and the Liberal Democrats.
- Trust Me, I’m Lying: Confessions of a media manipulator27 August 2014
- Power Trip: A Decade of Policy, Plots and Spin by Damian McBride21 August 2014
- Vacuum cleaners are more newsworthy than you might think15 August 2014