Welcome! My day job is at the communications agency Blue Rubicon and I am also a Visiting Lecturer at City University. I edit the monthly newsletter, Liberal Democrat Newswire. This is my personal blog – with my views, expressed on behalf of myself. Take a look around – and do comment on what you see.
A newly-elected UKIP councillor, at the centre of an investigation into a forged electoral nomination paper, has said he has not "done anything wrong".
There is no shortage of case studies about social business successes. Many however rely on a brilliantly innovative idea, an amazing person or a big budget. If you’re pretty good, with decent ideas and a firm that has a bit of money, then such case studies are often aspirational without being that practical. It’s a [...]
- The big question about Ed Miliband12 May 2013
- This is not how to keep your passwords safe26 April 2013
- Social media, protests and lessons from the Arab Spring19 April 2013
Also on YouTube here. There’s some overlap between this and the fun book One in the Eye for Harold: Why everything you thought you knew about history is wrong. It’s well worth a look if you like this sort of thing.
- Forgotten liberal heroes for a governing party: hear my choice7 April 2013
- How leaflets used to look: Colchester 19515 April 2013
- David Lloyd George: the legacy3 April 2013
Media & PR
Turns out I’ve been guilty of 6 crimes in 55 countries. How do I know? Courtesy of the very smart Trial by Timeline site from Amnesty International New Zealand. You have to give it permission to check through your Facebook content, and it then spots what things you’ve done that would be against the law [...]