Welcome! My day job is at the communications agency Blue Rubicon and I am also a Visiting Lecturer at City University. I edit the monthly newsletter, Liberal Democrat Newswire. This is my personal blog – with my views, expressed on behalf of myself. Take a look around – and do comment on what you see.
The economy has now recovered to above pre-crash levels, showing that the Liberal Democrats were right to go into government in 2010 to fix the economy mess
- Two good ideas and one duff one from the Electoral Commission22 July 2014
- The ministry of data22 July 2014
- What should a political speech try to achieve?22 July 2014
The rise of ephemeral messaging poses a new challenge for social media monitoring. How do you measure something that isn’t there? From the moment the first status message was shared, social media measurement has been a vexed question for those who want to judge communications work by more than just gut feel. But the latest […]
Watch the new fun (yet educational) video from CGP Grey: You can also watch this on YouTube.
- American Empire12 July 2014
- Secret Warriors: key scientists, code-breakers and propagandists of the Great War7 July 2014
- Kim Philby: The Unknown Story of the KGB’s Master-Spy14 June 2014
Media & PR
Unusually for a reshuffle move, Ed Vaizey’s new job is one for which he has plenty of relevant experience in government.