Ever wanted to get a better deal for your community? Ever watched politicians and thought ‘I could do a better job’? This book reveals the secrets and skills you need to take the first step to power – getting elected.
Written by two experienced political insiders, it is a grass-roots guide to running an election campaign. It draws on successful tactics from around the world and presents the lessons in a digestible format.
- What vegetable marrows tell you about political campaigning
- Why you must learn to hate trees
- Why a picture isn’t worth a 1,000 words
- Why the best form of advertising is also the very worst, and
- Why communicating is like cooking
“Packed full of useful tips and insights … It covers all aspects of campaigning: people, money, messaging, meetings, and both online and offline” – Phil Cowley
“Jolly but serious” – The Parliamentary Bookshop
“It’s not just the structure that helps the book whip along, it’s also its jaunty irreverent tone” – Stephen Tall
“A rattling good read” – Tribune