Florian Foos has worked with eight different political parties in five different countries carrying out field experiments to test what does and doesn’t work in election campaigning. So I invited him on Never Mind The Bar Charts to talk about what both his research and that of others reveals.
Feedback very welcome, and do share this podcast with others who you think may enjoy it.
- How Much GOTV Mail is Too Much? Results from a Large-Scale Field Experiment by Adam Zelitzer and Donald P. Green
- Get Out the Vote: How to Increase Voter Turnout: How to Increase Voter Turnout by Donald P. Green and Alan S. Gerber: Amazon / Bookshop.org / Waterstones*
- How same-sex marriage campaigners won people over by finding common values.
- Abraham Lincoln’s advice on winning campaigns by befriending rather than demonising people.
- Reasons to be sceptical of the impact of deep canvassing.
- Florian Foos on Twitter.
- Theme tune by Hugo Lee.
- Image by Nathan Copley from Pixabay.
- New to listening to podcasts? Here are some tips on how to listen to podcasts.
- Check out some of this show’s most popular previous episodes.
Enjoy the show? Spread the word
* Affiliate links