Donald Trump may not be the most obvious of role models for the Liberal Democrats. But there’s a lot about effective communication the party can learn from him. After all, he won a national election, defying political establishments and seeing off unfriendly media along the way.
So in this episode of Never Mind The Bar Charts, I talk about him with Rob Blackie. I used to work with Rob at Lib Dem HQ many years ago when he was the maestro of costing manifesto policies. He has since carved out a very successful career in marketing and communications.
Feedback very welcome, and do share this podcast with others who you think may enjoy it.
- The wonder of brevity.
- The Hemingway App.
- Yoast Search Engine Optimisation tools and advice.
- The Lincoln Project’s targeted advert which trolled Donald Trump.
- Ducks and potholes.
- Rob Blackie as a womble.
- Donald Trump in Home Alone 2.
- Yes!: 60 secrets from the science of persuasion.
- Rob Blackie’s Twitter thread on Donald Trump.
- Photo by History in HD on Unsplash.
Enjoy the show? Spread the word
Get new episodes by email
Sign up to get an email alert each time a new episode comes out: