As it’s a bank holiday weekend, here’s a return outing for the most popular episode of Never Mind The Bar Charts so far this year. In it, Professor Tim Bale, one of the leading experts in political party membership, talks about who joins parties, why they join and how those who join the Liberal Democrats differ from those who join other parties.
Plus he gives his top tips on how to persuade people to join a party.
- Footsoldiers: political party membership in the 21st century.
- Why supporters don’t always join parties.
- The research on how to get members involved.
- Five Year Mission: Tim Bale’s study of Ed Miliband.
- Tim Bale used the phrase, “That’s a great question”. Here’s a whole other podcast episode just about that phase, from Freakonomics.
- The earlier Never Mind The Bar Charts show with Paula Surridge.
- The preamble to the Liberal Democrat constitution.